Beach safety facilities
An Emergency Response Beacon (ERB) is located at Greenhills Beach (Track 1 and Track 6), to the north at Potter Point and to the south at Blackwoods Beach. The ERB provides an instant communication link to Surf Life Saving NSW who relay information to our lifeguards.
Beach safety tips
- Swim between the red and yellow flags.
- Read safety signs on the beach.
- Ask lifeguards for advice if you’re unsure of surf conditions.
- Swim with a friend.
- Stay calm and attract attention by raising an arm if you need help in the water.
- Do not swim directly after a meal or if under the influence of alcohol.
- Do not swim when the beach is closed or unpatrolled.
- Do not struggle against a rip or current. Swim diagonally across a rip, towards white water which can push you toward shore.
- Supervise children around water.
- Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek Shade and Slide - follow sun safety advice from the Cancer Council.
Ocean Safety Lifeguards