To use this service you will be required to:
- Load branches into your trailer or car with the cut end of the branch towards the rear of the trailer
- Only cars, cars with trailers and utilities will be admitted to the site. Residents must remain in their car while the branches are unloaded by the council's staff
- Residents will be required to ensure that all loads are covered before leaving the woodchipping site
- Please note: Tree cuttings must be larger than one metre in length and no larger than 200 mm in diameter. The woodchipping machine used by the council for this service is not a mulcher and only bulky wood pieces are suitable for recycling into woodchips
The following items will not be accepted:
- Lawn clippings
- Spiky or thorny materials
- Household waste
- Commercial/demolition/building waste
Permission to remove or lop trees may need to be granted by the council's Tree Preservation Officer. Evidence of approval may be required.
The woodchipping service may be cancelled at short notice due to bad weather and Council apologises for any inconvenience caused. If this does occur the website will be updated to show the event has been cancelled.