You must notify us of all works in public open space on behalf of public utility or telecommunication companies, such as Sydney Water, Ausgrid or Nokia.  Public open space includes our parks, reserves and fire trails.

We will work with you to ensure that your works are carried out safely and in a timely manner.

For all enquiries, please contact us and ask to speak to a member of the Open Space Assets team. Please allow 3-5 business days for us to respond to your request.

Notification ensures that we can inform all appropriate user groups and stakeholders, such as school groups.  It also ensures that if there is an impediment to carrying out the works, such as wet ground, we can work with you to reschedule the works to a more appropriate time.

We will provide you with a key where necessary, which must be returned to us and cannot be copied.

We may request a copy of your Certificate of Authority and a Safe Work Method Statement, depending on the complexity and nature of the works.

Approval for access does not grant consent to establish a site compound or occupy Council land.

Private works across fire trails and reserves

For private works across our fire trails and reserves, such as tree removal or access with an excavator, to adjoining private land, go to temporary access across our fire trails and reserves.

Public domain works

For works in public spaces like driveways, road openings, cranes and pumps, work zones, development frontages or nature strips, apply to Public Domain Services.