Sutherland Shire sporting associations and affiliated sporting clubs applying for seasonal field allocation can include night games competition requests in their application.
We assess applications to conduct night games on the following criteria:
- existing DA conditions associated with the site, specifically hours and days of floodlight operation
- site parking and traffic
- proposed day and time of night games
- proposed frequency of night games
- proposed structure of night games, including number of games per night, proposed timing, age groups
- proposed sale of alcohol
- existing issues associated with the playing field
- existing floodlight levels on site. Floodlights must meet Australian standards for night competition. You can provide evidence of state body or local association approval to conduct night competition at existing light levels
- proximity of residents
- existing use such as levels of training and competition
- condition of playing surface
- adequate security and crowd control provided by the sporting group conducting the night competition game.
We will grant permission to conduct night games based on individual site assessment. Conditions may be applied, including:
- upgrade of floodlights to meet Australian standards for night competition
- conduct of a trial night game
- neighbour notification and consultation.