Watch Council and standing committee meetings live
- We livestream all Council and standing committee meetings.
- Recordings of the live webcasts are published on this website before 1:00pm the following day.
Our monthly Council meetings are formal decision-making forums, where key policies, services and important issues for Sutherland Shire are reviewed and resolved. The community is welcome to attend and can also register to address Council at a Public Forum, held at each ordinary meeting.
Council business papers and minutes are published on our website. We also publish a summary of decisions taken on Facebook.
Sutherland Shire Council Chambers
Access to Council
We have modified our Council Chambers to improve accessibility. Our assisted services include:
- live webcasts of meetings
- accessible parking spaces (entry via Eton Street)
- ramp access to our Administration Building
- lift access to Level 2
- suitable wheelchair spaces in the public gallery
- hearing loop
- accessible toilets
Council Business Papers
Business papers include Council meeting agendas, reports and minutes.
Council agendas are a list of matters to be discussed at a meeting.
Council reports present items and staff recommendations for consideration.
Council minutes confirm the decisions taken for each item.
2022 Council and committee business papers and minutes
2021 Council and committee business papers and minutes
2020 Council and committee business papers and minutes
2019 Council and committee business papers and minutes
2018 Council and committee business papers and minutes
2017 Council and committee business papers and minutes
Members of the public can attend Council and committee meetings in the public gallery. Seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Meetings may also broadcast to the Customer Service Foyer on the ground floor of the Administration Building.
- Code of Meeting Practice - PDF - 460 KB explains how Council meetings are run.
- Code of Conduct for Councillors - PDF - 361 KB sets the standard for Councillor behaviour at meetings.
- Standing committees and sub-committees sets out committee charters.