We provide access to active open spaces for community sport and recreational activities. Our open space is available for the whole community to use. We will not accept hiring requests that cause damage or impact the community’s ability to use the space for sporting activities.
Hiring active open space
Most local sporting associations and clubs hire space with seasonal allocation to accommodate their competition seasons. We allocate sporting fields, courts and cricket nets on a seasonal basis.
- Regular user allocations are booked twice a year for the summer season (2nd Saturday in September through to 2nd Sunday in March) and winter season (last Saturday in March through to last Sunday in August – subject to change at Easter).
- You can book pre-season matches, training and grading days together with seasonal allocation. In-season permit holders have priority.
- We may limit pre-season training to protect playing surfaces.
- We accept Expressions of Interest applications (EOIs) for sporting facility allocations <online> in April and October.
- EOIs for sporting facilities allocation will only be accepted from sporting associations and clubs.
- We give priority access to local sporting users who have hire agreements with us and have traditionally used the space.
- To accommodate the growth of local community and sporting participation, we will assess hire requests against participation data to identify compatible sporting codes and potential shared use models.
- We may contact users near the end of season for early access to the fields. This may be for essential maintenance or cricket wicket preparation as fields with turf wickets need longer periods of preparation.
- Users are not entitled to grounds or facilities outside allocated days and times. Hire time includes set up and pack-up.
- Associations are responsible when allocating fields and scheduling games to optimise facility use and to minimise damage to playing surfaces.
- Hirers that use playing fields which have been closed are liable for the cost of repairs and may lose their hirer status.
- Notify us if users’ allocation is no longer required, for example, if season finishes early. This allows allocation to another user or field renovation.
- To book fields for presentation days and events contact our Events Team and complete an event application.
Casual field hire
- Casual field hire are one-off bookings for community events, commercial activities or representative, state and national competitions.
- Users are not entitled to grounds or facilities outside of allocated days and times. Hire time specified includes set up and pack up.
- Hirers that use playing fields which have been closed will be liable for the cost of repairs and may lose their hirer status.
We require hirers to secure and maintain Public Liability insurance cover with a maximum value of $20million, with Council’s interest as a principal specifically noted. Copies of Certificate of Currency must be supplied with the hirer’s agreement.
Condition of field and availability of use
The condition of a facility may impact its availability. We make no guarantee as to the condition of facilities. We may cancel any booking for the purpose of public safety, maintenance, repairs or wet weather.
A nominated Grounds Manager’s name and contact details must be supplied with hirer’s agreement. The Grounds Manager or nominated person should inspect playing surfaces and facilities before each use to ensure surfaces and facilities are in safe condition for use.
Some local school playgrounds are available for use in school holidays. Visit share our space to find out more information.