Council officials must meet high standards of integrity and accountability when doing business with and delivering services to the community.
Businesses and members of the public can help us maintain these high standards by:
- respecting the ethical principles that we work by
- not pressuring councillors and employees to overlook their ethical obligations
- disclosing likely conflicts of interest
- preventing the disclosure of confidential information
- providing accurate information
- helping deter fraud and corruption by reporting concerns
- avoiding offers of gifts, benefits and hospitality
Our contracting and procurement processes are designed to be fair and transparent. As a result, the goods, services and works we procure are high quality and provide value for money.
Our procurement processes are guided by the NSW Local Government Act 1993 and Local Government (General) Regulation 2021 (Part 7 - Tendering).