Our parking officers are responsible for the management and regulation of parking in Sutherland Shire, ensuring everyone in the community has safe and equitable access to parking.
See Service NSW for details on parking rules and signage in NSW.
Our officers will attend, investigate and take action if required.
Role of parking officers
- educate the community on NSW Road Rules
- assess and monitor illegal parking in Sutherland Shire
- issue fines for illegal activity.
Parking officers enforce NSW road rules, including:
- Mobility Parking Scheme Permits - eligibility requirements for disabled parking permits in NSW.
- Parking Safely – NSW Government information on how to park safely.
- Compliance and enforcement - Council has varied regulatory functions that empower Council to enforce legislation and regulation.