Sutherland Shire boasts a range of dog-friendly locations.
Dogs must be on a leash at all times unless you're in a designated off-leash area. On-leash or off, it is your responsibility to ensure your dog is always under control. Not everyone is comfortable around dogs and our public spaces should be safe and comfortable for everyone.
Be responsible and always pick up after your dog.
There are six dog off-leash parks and beaches in Sutherland Shire, some of which include water, shade, seating, and poo-bags and bins. Dogs must be on-leash when entering and leaving an off-leash area. You can download a printable map - PDF - 840 KB of dog parks and beaches.
Please check the signs at each location for off-leash times and other regulations.
Off-leash areas carry this symbol
Places where dogs are not allowed
Dogs are prohibited:
- within 10 metres of playgrounds and play equipment
- at public bathing areas, including ocean and tidal pools
- on beaches, except in designated off-leash areas.
Dogs are also prohibited in sensitive environmental areas, even if on a lead. This is vital to protect endangered wildlife and includes areas such as:
- Wanda heritage dunes
- Taren Point Shorebird Reserve
- Swallow Rock Reserve
- Maianbar Foreshore Reserves
- Bonna Point Reserve
- Joseph Banks Native Plants Reserve
- Woolooware Bay Shared Pathway
These areas carry this symbol