If you have an issue with a problem cat, first talk to the owner. If you aren’t comfortable doing this or can’t agree on a solution, you can report a nuisance cat that:

  • makes excessive noise
  • repeatedly damages property
  • attacks native wildlife.

Council can’t take action against cats roaming onto your property. There are no restrictions on cats roaming, other than in prohibited places, such as food preparation and consumption areas, and wildlife protection areas.

If you believe a cat is lost or stray, contact Council’s Animal Shelter for advice.

Report a nuisance cat