We accept applications after a child's birth. Demand for quality childcare is strong in Sutherland Shire. Submit your application as soon as possible after your child is born.
Early education and care services can only enrol a child who:
- is fully immunised
- on a catch-up immunisation schedule, or
- has a valid medical exemption.
This is Australian Government law.
Information to help with your application
You may apply for up to three Early Education Centres via our online form. Phone 9710 0466 if you would like to add more centre locations to your application.
There is no limit to the number of applications that can be made for your child to attend one of our Family Day Care services.
You may like to consider the following information when making your application:
- Consider nominating an earlier care start date than you require. Some parents take the opportunity to gradually settle their child into care and create their new family routine.
- When considering geographic locations, consider the way you travel to work. Is there an alternative route which would take you past some of our other services?
- If you’re returning to work part-time, with flexible work days, ask us about days of the week where demand is lower.
- If you have the flexibility to travel to other areas with Sutherland Shire, ask us about areas where demand is lower.
- The largest intake of children into care is at the start of a calendar year. Vacancies do arise throughout the year but never to the same extent as the start of the year.
- If for any reason you decline a position with us, you remain on our database as you were.
Making changes to your original application
To update your:
- contact details
- requested care start date
- care days needed
For Family Day Care application changes, contact the Educator you applied for care with.