Dumping household items, rubbish, green waste, building and commercial waste, abandoned cars and other material is illegal and subject to on-the-spot fines. Illegal dumping can occur in parks, on roads, on beaches and on private property.
Report illegal dumping
Note as many details as possible, including:
- location where the incident occurred
- material being dumped
- date and time
- registration and description of vehicle
- description of person
- any other identifying information.
Waste and recycling
Council provides waste and recycling collections for your convenience. Sutherland Shire residents are entitled to two council clean-ups each financial year. These must be booked either by an eligible resident or by strata or body corporate for large complexes. This is a popular service and you should plan ahead. During peak periods, wait times can exceed eight weeks.
- Recycling and disposal directory - an A-Z guide on responsible recycling.
- Waste and recycling - Waste and recycling information for Sutherland Shire residents.
- Compliance and enforcement - Council has varied regulatory functions that empower Council to enforce legislation and regulation.