Youth Week is an opportunity for young people to get involved with their community, share their ideas and views on issues important to them and create and enjoy a variety of events and activities together. Youth Week is designed for young people of all abilities!
Youth Week 2024 will be held from 11th - 21st of April 2024. Express. Empower. Get Loud!
Battle of the Bands - Expressions of interest NOW OPEN!
We're on the hunt for the best young bands and musicians to battle it out head-to-head!
Youth Reference Group (YRG)
The role of the YRG is to ensure that young people are able to express their views and to provide advice to Council and community organisations on the needs of and issues affecting young people in Sutherland Shire. The Youth Reference Group provides the opportunity for young people to learn how local government works, provide leadership opportunities, professional skill development and encourage young people to become more active in their local community.
For more information contact: email@example.com.
YRG Expressions of Interest
Sutherland Shire Youth Network
The Sutherland Shire Youth Network (SSYN) is a collaboration between Council, community services and local organisations that support young people in the community.
The SSYN meets every two months to discuss activities, programs and opportunities for young people. It aims to:
- improve information sharing among local service providers
- strengthen collaborations and partnerships between services and government departments
- coordinate youth advocacy and lobbying
- coordinate planning for future directions and projects.
Membership is open to anyone wanting to support young people in Sutherland Shire - contact us today to join.
Youth Survey 2022
In 2022, our local young people told us how they find life in the Sutherland Shire and what they want for the future. Young people shared what they like, or would improve, about their local area and how COVID-19 has impacted their lifestyle.
Sustainability for Schools and Community Organisations
Find out more about how schools and community organisations can make a difference and become more sustainable. Sustainability for Schools and Community Organisations | Sutherland Shire Council (nsw.gov.au)
Useful Links and Hotlines:
- Mental Health Info Card - Information on local service providers focussing on Mental Health
- Kid's Help Line - 1800 55 1800 Free, confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5 - 25
- Link2Home Homelessness - 1800 152 152 for information and referrals 24/7 for homeless or at risk individuals
- Child Protection Helpline - 13 2111 to report a child at risk of harm or neglect and for further information on child abuse and neglect, the signs of abuse and how to respond.
- Legal Aid Youth Hotline - 1800 10 18 10 Hotline provides legal advice and information for people under 18
- Project Youth Housing and Homelessness Housing System - Information on Crises Refuges, Transitional Housing and Semi Supported Housing in Sutherland Shire area, managed by Project Youth.
- Project Youth Court Support Program - Court support for young people attending Sutherland Shire Children's Court
- 2Connect LGBTIQA+ Resources - Free resources to be downloaded including visibility posters, service directory and inclusivity resources for LGBTIQA+
- NSW Health Vaping Facts - The Facts About Vaping and support to quit vaping
- Vaping – what parents and carers need to know recording – Federation of Parents & Citizens Associations NSW (pandc.org.au)
- NSW Health Play Safe - Resources for young people on safe sex
- Services Australia Centrelink Youth Allowance - Financial help for 24 year olds or younger