Our team of volunteers at Sutherland Shire Council Animal Shelter play with, look after and help to socialise the dogs and cats that come into our care. They also attend local events to promote the shelter and animals available for adoption.
What you need to volunteer at the animal shelter:
- the ability to handle animals
- experience at an animal shelter (not essential)
- a willingness to attend the shelter on a set day every week
- a positive attitude
- the commitment to follow staff instructions, shelter policies and procedures
- the ability to follow workplace health and safety requirements.
Complement your studies with work experience in an encouraging and rewarding environment. Work experience is unpaid but the knowledge and experience you acquire will prove invaluable.
Animal Shelter Team