View our most popular wedding, photography, ceremony locations
Other beaches and parks may also be available for booking. Council halls are also available for hire suitable for many types of events and receptions.
The Shire has many beautiful outdoor locations suitable for large picnics, weddings, ceremonies and photography. Council permission is required to hold the following events and fees may apply:
- When the event is for over 100 people.
- When the event is a school picnic (regardless of the numbers).
- All ceremonies (such as weddings, commitment ceremonies, christenings & naming ceremonies) or ceremony photography must be booked (regardless of numbers).
Ceremonies & Ceremony Photography
Ceremonies are allocated a booking time of 2 hours (ceremony or photography only) or 3 hours (ceremony & photography).
High Season Fees 2021-2021
High season = all public holiday long weekends, Easter weekend and the period between mid December to the end of January.
- Ceremony - $470.00 ($376 for less than 50 attendees) hire fee + $108.00 non refundable administration fee + public liability insurance (see below).
- Photography only - $108.00 non-refundable administration fee + public liability insurance (see below)
Low/Shoulder Season Fees 2020-2021
- Ceremony - $315.00 ($252 for less than 50 attendees) hire fee + $108.00 non refundable administration fee + public liability insurance (see below).
- Photography only - $108.00 non refundable administration fee + public liability insurance (see below).
Public Liability Insurance
- Up to and including 50 people - $24.00
- 51 people and over - $91.00
Different booking conditions apply for Camellia Gardens.
Cleaning, non refundable administration and public liability insurance fees apply for all groups of 101 people and over.
- Cleaning fees - between $215.00 - $760.00 (depending on numbers)
- Administration fee - $108.00 (non-refundable)
- Public Liability Insurance - $91.00
There is no charge for holding a school picnic for any local Sutherland Shire school however a booking is still required.
Fees do apply for schools from outside the Shire. For picnics with up to 100 students a non refundable administration fee of $108.00 applies.
Cleaning and non refundable administration fees apply for school picnics of 101 people and over:
- Cleaning fees - between $172.00 - $608.00 (depending on numbers)
- Administration fee (non refundable) - $108.00
Certificate of Currency requirements:
- Public Schools - not required.
- Catholic & Private Schools - required.
If students will be swimming a qualified lifeguard must be present. Council Lifeguards can be booked here: council lifeguard
Payments, cancellations and refunds (all bookings)
- Full payment is required 3 months prior to any booking unless otherwise advised.
- After payment and within 28 days, a cancellation fee of $52.00 will apply.
- Should your event not go ahead due to wet weather, a refund will be given for hire or cleaning fee and insurance. Contact us as soon as possible after the event to apply.
Conditions of use (all bookings)
- All areas are public open space. Exclusive use of any park, reserve or beach is not provided even with a booking. Cordoning off any area is not allowed.
- One marquee or tent per group can be erected (maximum size of 3m x 3m).
- Wedding receptions are not permitted.
- Confetti and rice are not permitted. Flower petals are permitted.
- Up to 20 chairs may be brought in to the booked location for the use of elderly of mobility impaired guests.
- Private vehicle access is not permitted.
- Picnic shelters, BBQs and other facilities within Council's parks are available on a first-in-first served basis and no bookings can be made.
- Amusement devices (eg: jumping castles and petting zoos) are not permitted unless as part of a Major Event.
- Please consider other park users and local residents. No undue noise is to be created including amplified music.
- Small hand held megaphones can be used with appropriate volume control for the purpose of organising school games.
- Sale of food is not permitted - if you require this you may need to apply as a Major Event.
- All conditions of use, fees and cancellation fees are subject to change without notice.
Enquiries can be directed to Park Bookings Officer on or email@example.com