- Bathing dogs.
- Walking and playing with the animals.
- Raising community awareness by attending local fairs and events.
- An ability to handle animals.
- Past experience with animals is preferable but not essential.
- Availability to attend on a set day each week is preferred.
- An ability to engage and interact with staff and other volunteers in a positive and constructive manner.
- Strong commitment to council policies and procedures in relation to care and management of animals.
- Ability to meet our WHS requirements (training is provided).
Induction and training
To safeguard both the individual and council, it is necessary for all new volunteers to be formally registered with council and appropriately trained. This includes compulsory induction.
Council appreciates every application it receives however it will at times have to decline the services of a volunteer if skills do not match the required task.