Pensioner rates rebates
While your pensioner concession is being processed, please proceed with your full rates payment. Council will notify you of the outcome of your application including the rebate amount granted and future rate instalment charges when the application has been processed.
To be eligible for a pensioner rebate, applicants must own and live in the rateable property and hold either a:
- Pension Concession Card
- Veterans Affairs TPI or EDA Card or
- a Veterans Affairs Gold Card and receive income supplement support.
Eligible pensioners may be entitled to:
- A maximum rebate of $250. Council funds 45% of this payment and 55% is funded by the State Government.
- An additional voluntary rebate valued at up to $105.This rebate is fully funded by Council. To be eligible, pensioners must have been a ratepayer in Sutherland Shire for three years.
Deferment of rates
Eligible aged pensioners can apply to defer the payment of their rates - PDF - 116 KB. If successful, pensioners are allowed to pay the outstanding balance of their rates:
- when their property is sold
- when their property is passed to an estate, or
- when their pensioner concession card has been terminated.
Rates Statutory Declaration General - PDF - 49 KB - To be completed where the name on your rates notice does not match the name on your pensioner concession card,
Reinstatement of Pensioner Concession Rebate - PDF - 23 KB - If you have recently lost your pension and it has now been reinstated.
Pensioner Rates Policy - PDF - 497 KB - provides further information on our pensioner rebates.