If you want to make a difference and be part of a challenging, flexible and rewarding environment, joining us might the be the right career move for you. We employ people across a range of occupations, and are always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our team.
At Sutherland Shire Council we do more than just serve our community - we are our community. Our culture is respectful, collaborative and ever-evolving. We bring an energetic, can-do attitude to everything we do by embracing opportunity and change, being people-focused and working together as one.
Discover some of the benefits of working with us.
Take a look at our four key CARE values:
- Collaborate: We are a united team. We work together to deliver great outcomes for our community
- Achieve: We have a can-do attitude and deliver on our commitments. We pursue excellence and believe in making a positive contribution to our community
- Respect: We communicate openly, act with integrity and are inclusive
- Evolve: We look for opportunities and embrace change, championing new ideas, and celebrating solutions.
We invest in the learning and development of our people through:
- on the job training
- internal job opportunities
- leadership development
- study leave
- ASPIRE employee development and review program
- study assistance scheme
- professional qualifications
- providing training courses, conferences and seminars, and
- offering opportunities to take part in projects and team challenges.
We reward our people every day for doing great things, via:
- monthly and yearly CARE awards
- Safe4Mates awards
- team based rewards and recognition.
Our people can access benefits like:
- corporate memberships with Sutherland Shire Leisure Centres
- fitness passport
- employee assistance program
- free flu vaccinations
- novated leases, and
- physiotherapy programs.
Our people feel valued and enjoy the benefits of our inclusive culture. We attract the best people through merit-based recruitment, and keep them through programs and activities which reflect our diverse and values-based workplace.