To show us why you're a great fit for the role and for Sutherland Shire, you'll need to:
- complete the online application form presented on the position listing and address the specific questions
- include a cover letter (optional)
- include your resume
- attach supporting documentation as required (e.g., licences, certificates, qualifications)
- submit your application online by the advertised closing date.
Late applications won't be considered.
Some job ads have mandatory online questions. This is your opportunity to showcase your suitability and help to secure an interview.
You’ll receive an email if you’ve submitted your application successfully.
We select people for interviews based on the strength of their responses in the online application, and knowledge and experience presented in resumes and cover letters.
If you’re shortlisted for an interview, you’ll be contacted by email or phone inviting you to attend a face-to-face, phone or virtual interview. You’ll be advised if any documentation is required. Occasionally our emails are incorrectly identified as spam, so please monitor your junk mail.
If you’re not selected for an interview, you’ll be advised by email, usually within two weeks of the closing date for the position.
Individual feedback on unsuccessful applications cannot be provided.
To give yourself the best opportunity to shine, make sure you’re well prepared for your interview.
- re-familiarising yourself with the position description along with any additional information provided
- keep your responses clear and concise, giving relevant examples wherever possible.
- for virtual interviews, check your IT connection ahead of time to sort out any IT gremlins!
If you’re selected for the next stage of the process, we'll contact you to explain the steps.
If your application is unsuccessful, you’ll be advised via email.
Some positons require additional screening like:
- referee checks
- functional medical and/or hearing assessments
- national criminal history checks
- psychometric testing
- driving history checks
- working with children checks
- qualification checks, and
- working rights checks.