Council does not offer a Justice of the Peace (JP) service, however you can find a JP through the NSW Government's Justices of the Peace finder.

Traffic light issues

Managed by Transport for NSW
Report faulty traffic lights or call P 131 700.

Street light issues

Managed by Ausgrid
Report faulty street lights or call P 1800 044 808

Electricity, wires and poles issues

Raise outages and faults to AGL energy suppliers
Report gas leaks and safety emergencies

Report storm damage to trees, buildings and flooding to State Emergency Services or call P 132 500

Managed by Sydney Water

Sydney Water deliver water to homes and businesses through water mains. They also remove wastewater from properties via sewer lines. These are sometimes confused with stormwater assets which Council owns and maintains. Storm water assets capture water from the road and carry it away, usually through drains.

Managed by Telstra

Report broken Telstra pits, plates and cables on footpaths or call P 132 203.

Council manages roads throughout Sutherland Shire with the exception of the State Government-owned roads listed below.

The following state roads in Sutherland Shire are owned and managed by Transport for NSW:

  • Princes Highway between Tom Uglys Bridge and Waterfall
  • Kingsway between Princes Highway, Kirrawee and Gerrale Street, Cronulla
  • Captain Cook Drive between Taren Point Road and Gannons Road
  • Taren Point Road between Captain Cook Bridge and Kingsway
  • Alfords Point Road between Alfords Point Bridge and Menai Road
  • Old Illawarra Road between Menai Road and New Illawarra Road
  • New Illawarra Road, Old Illawarra Road and Heathcote Road
  • Heathcote Road between Princes Highway and Sandy Point
  • Bangor Bypass between Woronora Bridge (high level) and Old Illawarra Road
  • Menai Road between Woronora Bridge (low level) and Bangor Bypass
  • River Road between Linden Street and Woronora Bridget (low level)
  • Linden Street between Grand Parade and River Road
  • Grand Parade between Princes Highway and Linden Street

For damage, debris, signals, or potholes on these properties, contact Transport for NSW:

Raise issues on Council roads