Removal of the roof skylights and replacement of the roofing material and ventilation upgrade.
98 Allison Crescent, Menai - behind Menai Shopping Centre.
Project start: February 2024
Expected completion: June 2024
We have been progressively undertaking staged repairs to the roof of the Indoor Sports Centre to eliminate all rainwater leaks. The current works will ensure the roof is completely watertight.
The replacement of roofing will include the removal of skylights and an upgrade of the ventilation system. Above the playing courts new insulation will be installed. The planned work will include:
- Removal and disposal of existing roof sheets, skylights and insulation
- Installation of new roof sheets, insulation and associated works
- Installation of new ventilation
- Sealing of eaves, soffits and verges
- Provide a complying roof access system.
Contract awarded to complete the works - November 2023
Expected Site Establishment – February 2024
Expected Practical Completion – June 2024
Impacts during construction
- There will be disruptions to sporting activities in order to provided a safe environment for everyone.
- Council Sport Services will work closely with the impacted sporting clubs and the Centre Manager to minimise disruptions to sporting fixtures wherever possible.
We understand that this work may have an impact on the public and apologise for the inconvenience. We appreciate your patience while we carry out the remainder of these essential works.
This project is fully funded by Sutherland Shire Council.