A lobbyist is a person, company or organisation who conducts lobbying activities on behalf of a third-party client.
Lobbying is a legitimate activity. Lobbyists can help individuals and organisations communicate their views on matters of public interest to Council. Lobbyists are encouraged to register with us to maintain transparency.
Our Register of Lobbyists records the details of lobbyists who have voluntarily registered with us.
Issue or matter on
Individual or organisation who has engaged the lobbyist
Date of registration
Australand/Breen Holdings proposed development at Kurnell
22 July 2009
- disclose gifts or political donations relating to planning applications or public submissions
- use all reasonable endeavours to satisfy themselves of the truth and accuracy of all statements and information provided by them to clients whom they represent, the wider public and council officials
- not make misleading, exaggerated or extravagant claims about the nature or extent of their access to Council officials or any other person comply with Council's Statement of Business Ethics - PDF - 1689 KB
- inform any Council official that they are a lobbyist or an employee/contractor/person engaged by a lobbyist
- advise whether they are listed on Council's lobbyist register
- advise the name of their client(s)
- advise the nature of their lobbying activity.
Councillors, staff and delegates of Council are obliged to comply with our Code of Conduct and other policies in their interaction with all members of the public, including lobbyists. These obligations apply whether or not the individual or organisation is registered as a lobbyist.
For more information, see Council's Code of Conduct below.