Council wishes to provide the best service possible to its customers and is committed to addressing and resolving enquiries and complaints, improving customer service delivery and increasing community satisfaction.
There may be occasions when problems do arise and you may not get the service you expect. If you have any reason to be unhappy, we want to know so we can improve our service.
Council staff are expected to handle complaints quickly within the service standards of our Customer Response Policy.
In dealing with your complaint or enquiry we will:
- Respond promptly.
- Investigate thoroughly and objectively.
- Keep you informed of what is happening.
- Respect your desire for confidentiality, however there are times due to statutory and other requirements where confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
- Inform you about the outcome of your complaint.
- Treat you respectfully, pleasantly and professionally. Please extend the same courtesy to our staff.
Report an issue to council
Not satisfied with our response?
We are confident we can resolve the majority of complaints received however we understand that we may not be able to satisfy every customer on every occasion. Customers also have the option to going to an external agency regarding their concerns:
Office of Local Government
NSW Ombudsman’s Office
Independent Commission Against Corruption