If you have not started any works and decide not to go ahead with your project after it is determined [link], you can apply to surrender your development consent under part 4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, specifically: [Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 No 203 - NSW Legislation]

Surrendering consent is permanent meaning a new application needs to be lodged for any future development to go ahead.

You will need to will need to apply for a modification of consent if any work has already been done on the site.

Complete this form to surrender development consent.

Fees apply.