Only Council can be appointed the Principal Certifier for subdivision works.
In order to demonstrate that the above services have been provided in accordance with the respective authorities’ requirements a development consent will include conditions requiring that the following is provided prior to Council issuing a Completion Certificate:
- Work – As – Executed Drawing (WAE) prepared by a Registered Surveyor of Roads/ROW, Stormwater infrastructure, services, retaining walls, crash barriers, hydrants, footpaths
- CCTV of stormwater infrastructure
- Certification of constructed works from Supervising Engineer, Supervising Environmental Consultant, Structural Engineer and BPAD accredited Bushfire Consultant
- Clearance Certificates (contamination) – Environmental Consultant
- Landscape Certificate – issued by Council's Landscape Architects
- VMP Certification – issued by Council's Landscape/Greenweb Officers
- Road Act Works Completion Certificate issued by Councils Public Assets Engineers
- A Section 73 Compliance Certificate issued by Sydney Water confirming satisfactory arrangements have been made for the provision of water and sewer services.
- A Notification of Arrangement for the provision of distribution of electricity certificate from Ausgrid confirming satisfactory arrangements have been made for the provision of electrical services. Street lighting for all new roads in a subdivision must also be provided. The developer must contact Ausgrid to ascertain the required method of supply and distribution works required as part of the subdivision. The developer will be responsible for the design and construction of these services.
- A Certificate of Practical Completion of Developers Activities from NBN Co confirming satisfactory arrangements have been made for the provision of phone and internet infrastructure. In most cases the development consent will also require that the as-built design drawings provided to NBN Co to obtain the Certificate of Practical Completion be submitted to confirm all of the lots in the subdivision are serviced.
- A Certificate of Practical Completion of Developers Activities from Agility confirming satisfactory arrangements have been made for the provision of gas infrastructure. Where public roads are not provided, and gas lines is to be located within the private property a Certification from a Licenced Plumber/Gas Fitter is to be provided.
- Letterboxes and street numbers installed where required