If any element of your proposed development changes after we've given consent, you need to submit an application to modify the consent.

What is an acceptable modification?

Modifications must result in the development being substantially the same as originally approved.

If your proposed modification is substantially different from the original proposal, you’ll need to submit a new DA.

Sections 4.55 and 4.56 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 enable modification applications to be made to Council.

  • Section 4.55(1) - Modifications involving minor errors, incorrect descriptions or miscalculations.
  • Section 4.55(1A) - Modifications that have a minimal environmental impact. You are required to include a brief statement demonstrating this.
  • Section 4.55(2) - Other modifications. Used for all other modifications where environmental impacts are potentially possible. These applications are also neighbour-notified.
  • Section 4.56 - This section should be used if the Land and Environment Court granted the original approval.

You can apply for a Modification of Consent through the NSW Planning Portal.

You can also request a quote for your Modification of Consent application.

ePlanning Service

For enquiries regarding the lodgement of an application, call 02 9710 0040 or email Council’s ePlanning Team.

Email - ePlanning

Assistance using the Planning Portal

If you require assistance using the Planning Portal, and you were unable to find the answer within the Help and Support section, contact ServiceNSW for assistance.

P 1300 305 695