If you are planning a Complying Development on bushfire-prone land, you will need a Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) Risk Assessment Certificate.

The NSW government allows Complying Development on low-risk bushfire-prone land, which Council can identify by issuing a BAL certificate.

When to apply for a BAL Certificate

You should apply for a BAL Certificate before designing your proposal or seeking Complying Development, so you and your designer can consider bushfire requirements.

If Council determines that the bushfire attack level is BAL-40 or BAL-FZ, you will need to lodge a Development Application rather than a Complying Development Certificate.

The NSW Rural Fire Service website provides more information about Complying Developments on bushfire prone land.

Complete the application and email to csccounteremails@ssc.nsw.gov.au

Bushfire Attack Level Certificate - PDF - 1055 KB

Certificate fees and charges