When more information is required to complete the lodgement of your application on the NSW Planning Portal, you will receive an email. If this information - or payment - is not received within 7 days, your application will be returned.
During the assessment of the application, we may ask for further information.
- If we request further information or design changes, you will be given 14 days to respond (no extension will be given to this time frame).
- You will have one opportunity only to submit revised plans or the outstanding information. Once your response is received, your application will proceed to determination. Multiple amendments or revisions to your application will no longer be accepted.
- If there are identified issues with your DA and you are unsure about what is being asked of you, your assessing officer is there to help.
- Any meeting should be arranged with your assessment officer early, as you only have 14 days from the date of the request to submit the required information.
- You can check updates at certain points in the process through our online DA Tracker and the Planning Portal.
- We will only communicate with the nominated applicant for the DA.
If you do not provide all the relevant and required information, your DA could be determined based on the information at hand. This may result in your DA being refused.
Withdrawing an application
You may withdraw a DA at any time prior to its determination. The NSW Planning Portal contains more information about how to withdraw a DA.