Council can enter into agreements to allow the use of different types of land, including:
Types of agreement
- Contacts for sale of land / deeds
- Telecommunication tower deeds.
Approvals for the use of Council land takes a minimum of six months. Approvals for road closures can take up to 18 months.
Apply to use Council land - Telecommunication towers
Please refer to the applicable fees and charges here.
If your application is approved, other costs may apply, including:
- advertising costs + 5% (approx. $300)
- application and license fees to access reserves when undertaking works
- road closure fees to the state government (approx. $890)
- valuation fees (approx. $1,500 - $3,500)
- Council’s legal fees (approx. $3000).
Compensation costs for Drainage Easements
Compensation is determined using our Schedule of fees and charges.
- The application will be advertised to the general community and comments will be taken. The applicant will be responsible for resolving any objections to the proposal.
- Any structure over or under the road reserve requires the initial approval of Council’s local roads authority.
- Council does not guarantee the success of any road closure applications, as approval for this rests with the state government authority in its capacity as owner of the land.
- Council’s policy on the Release and Relocation of Drainage Easements must be adhered to.