Council can enter into agreements to allow the use of different types of land, including:

  • road
  • easements
  • land
  • airspace.

Types of agreement

  • Leases
  • Licences
  • Easements
  • Contacts for sale of land / deeds
  • Telecommunication tower deeds.

Approval process

Approvals for the use of Council land takes a minimum of six months.  Approvals for road closures can take up to 18 months.

Apply to use Council land

Apply to use Council land - Telecommunication towers


Please refer to the applicable fees and charges here.

If your application is approved, other costs may apply, including:

  • advertising costs + 5% (approx. $300)
  • surveys
  • sub-division
  • certifications
  • application and license fees to access reserves when undertaking works
  • road closure fees to the state government (approx. $890)
  • valuation fees (approx. $1,500 - $3,500)
  • Council’s legal fees (approx. $3000).

Compensation costs for Drainage Easements

Compensation is determined using our Schedule of fees and charges.

General information

  • The application will be advertised to the general community and comments will be taken. The applicant will be responsible for resolving any objections to the proposal.
  • Any structure over or under the road reserve requires the initial approval of Council’s local roads authority.
  • Council does not guarantee the success of any road closure applications, as approval for this rests with the state government authority in its capacity as owner of the land.
  • Council’s policy on the Release and Relocation of Drainage Easements must be adhered to.