Council can enter into agreements to allow the use of different types of land, including:
Types of agreement
- Contacts for sale of land / deeds
- Telecommunication tower deeds.
Approvals for the use of Council land takes a minimum of six months. Approvals for road closures can take up to 18 months.
Please refer to the applicable fees and charges here.
If your application is approved, other costs may apply, including:
- advertising costs + 5% (approx. $300)
- application and license fees to access reserves when undertaking works
- road closure fees to the state government (approx. $890)
- valuation fees (approx. $1,500 - $3,500)
- Council’s legal fees (approx. $3000).
Compensation costs for Drainage Easements
Compensation is determined using our Schedule of fees and charges.
- The application will be advertised to the general community and comments will be taken. The applicant will be responsible for resolving any objections to the proposal.
- Any structure over or under the road reserve requires the initial approval of Council’s local roads authority.
- Council does not guarantee the success of any road closure applications, as approval for this rests with the state government authority in its capacity as owner of the land.
- Council’s policy on the Release and Relocation of Drainage Easements must be adhered to.