If a tree falls onto your dwelling, regardless of who owns the land from which the tree fell, you should:

  1. Contact the State Emergency Service (SES). They will facilitate the removal of the tree and erect tarpaulins to protect buildings. You can also contact the SES on their 24-hour helpline -132 500.
  2. Contact your insurance company. They will arrange for an assessor to inspect the damage and for repairs, including tree removal. They will also manage your claim and seek costs from third parties, where appropriate.
  3. If the tree fell from Council managed  land, report the incident to Council. We will arrange for tree removal on Council managed land, up to your property boundary.

Please note: Council cannot undertake works on private land.