Congratulations to this year's successful Community Grants and Subsidies Program recipients. Grants will support the work of local organisations by funding a range of projects, activities and initiatives that enable residents of Sutherland Shire to live, work and enjoy community life.
2023/2024 Community Grants and Subsidy Recipients
Our Community Grants and Subsidies Program provides financial support to local not-for-profit organisations that contribute to a connected, supportive, caring, inclusive and engaged community.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available.
- Local, eligible not-for-profit organisations and community groups are encouraged to apply and can submit up to two applications
- Projects must benefit residents of Sutherland Shire
- Grants of up to $20,000 are available.
Applications must be made via SmartyGrants.
All previous recipients must fully expend their funds before the next grant round opens.
Community grants and subsidies program - frequently asked questions
Priority funding will be considered for seniors, young people, people with disabilities, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, Indigenous communities and children and families.
Not-for-profit organisations that provide services to the residents of Sutherland Shire.
Organisations must be either:
- A legally registered, incorporated, not-for-profit organisation or group.
- Guided (legal term: auspiced) by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation that can manage the grant on behalf of the applicant. This would apply to individuals or unincorporated community groups.
The applicant (or guiding organisation) must have an Australian bank account.
Applications must be submitted and managed via SmartyGRANTS.
There are two funding categories:
- A caring and supportive community
- A culturally rich and vibrant community
Applications should meet the grant outcome requirements and address the assessment criteria.
Grants are competitive. Not all applications that meet the assessment criteria are guaranteed funding. Successful applicants may receive a percentage of the total sought.
We will not fund core expenses (such as rent, insurance, phone rental, IT upgrades, policy updates, general business operations, retrospective expenses or individuals.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of $20,000 per application and can submit up to two applications.
Yes. The program includes applications for venue hire costs.
No. You should include the value of any in-kind support in your project budget to ensure you have sufficient funds.
We will advise you in writing by July.
Local business - information and guides for businesses in Sutherland Shire