Contacting Council

Have Something you need to speak to Council about?

We’re here to help. You can contact Sutherland Shire Council by phone, email, mail or visit our Customer Service team in person.

If you have something you’d like to report or get fixed, the best way to do this is via SnapSendSolve.

You can contact us to request a service, report maintenance issues, provide feedback, make a compliment or complaint, or any other Council-related enquiry.


8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday.

Customer Service Centre, Council Chambers
4 Eton Street, Sutherland 2232.

Image - Alternating Content - default


Locked Bag 17,
Sutherland NSW 1499

Fax: 02 9710 0265

Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default


02 9710 0333

8:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday. If you are calling after hours, an external service is provided out of hours, for emergencies, during weekends and public holidays.


Report it via our Website or through SnapSendSolve

Whenever, wherever it suits you, use our Website or the Snap Send Solve app to tell us about issues in our community.

Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default

Deaf, hearing or speech impaired

Customer Service staff are trained to receive calls via the National Relay Service which is a phone solution service for people who are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment.  View the full list of National Relay Service call numbers and access points.

Justice of the Peace Service

Council offers a limited Justice of the Peace (JP) service weekdays between 9.00am-4.00pm where customers may have their documents witnessed and certified.

While this is not a typical Council service, some Council staff members volunteer their services to the community. Please be mindful that the service maybe unavailable due to sickness or holiday periods. To avoid disappointment, please contact us on 9710 0333 to confirm a JP will be on duty prior to your visit.

Our JP service is limited to a maximum of 15 sheets that can be certified or witnessed (per customer, per day). Customers must supply both the original document(s) and copies required to be certified.

Please note: Overseas pensions cannot be certified by a Justice of the Peace. You will require a Public Notary Officer to do this. The website provides a list of Officers in your area that can provide this service.

Image - Alternating Content - default
Image - Alternating Content - default

Translation and Interpreting Services

Council recommends the use of the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS).

The Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) is provided for people who do not speak English and for English speakers needing to communicate with them. TIS services over 75 different languages for the cost of a local call from anywhere in Australia . TIS will coordinate a three-way telephone conversation with a Council officer.

The Translation and Interpreting Service can be contacted on 13 14 50.

当你需要一个解释电话 131 450
¼ôáí ÷ñåéÜæåóôå äéåñìçíÝá êáëÝóôå ôï 131 450.
आप एक दुभाषिया कॉल 131 450 की आवश्यकता होती है।
Se avete bisogno di un interprete chiamata 131 450.
Cuando se requiere una llamada intérprete 131 450.
Когда ва требуется переводчик вызов 131 450.

Language Aids

Council also has accredited Language Aide officers who are available during opening hours at the Customer Service Centre. Language Aides can provide basic assistance with general council matters in the following languages:

  • Cantonese
  • Mandarin

If the Language Aide officer is unavailable your details are taken and the Language Aide officer will contact you to arrange a suitable time.

Image - Alternating Content - default

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Please type the characters you see in the picture below

Please type the code in the box above