Under the NSW Sydney Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority (SMCMA) Wetland Management Program, council has developed management plans for following wetlands in the shire.
Marton Park Wetland Management Plan FINAL - November 2009
Still Creek Wetland Management Plan Final - February 2012
Burnum Burnum Wetland Management Plan- May 2012
Burnum Burnum Wetland Management Plan Appendix E - May 2012
What is council doing now?
Council is carrying out a staged implementation of the wetland management plans. Some of the projects completed or underway include:
- Rehabilitation of open channel in Marton Park, Kurnell - The project is jointly funded by the State Metropolitan Catchment Management Authority (SMCMA) and Sutherland Shire Council.
- Installation of Stormwater Quality Improvement Device at the end of Cook Street, Kurnell.
- Installation of pollutant filter net in open channel in Marton Park, Kurnell.
- Modification to existing Stormwater Quality Improvement Device in Still Creek, Menai.
- Repairs to low flow outlet pipe from wetland in Still Creek, Menai.
Report a water pollution issue
Policies and documents
Noxious Weed Policy