Bushcare is a community-based volunteer program supported by Council. Volunteers receive training and guidance from our dedicated officers.
With more than 3,000 hectares of bushland in Sutherland Shire, volunteers are essential in helping restore and preserve our environment. Currently, our 650 Bushcare volunteers help care for more than 110 bushland reserves. View Bushcare locations.
Becoming a volunteer has many benefits, including:
- gaining valuable experience and learning new skills
- learning about environmental issues
- keeping your mind and body active
- gaining hands-on experience
- meeting new people and making lifelong friends.
Volunteers work under the direction of our staff using bush regeneration techniques to:
- protect indigenous fauna, flora and remnant vegetation
- rehabilitate natural areas
- activate community involvement.