Councillor Hassan Awada was elected to Sutherland Shire Council in late 2021, having previously served on Council from 2012-2016, including as Deputy Mayor from 2015-2016.
Cr Awada is the director of a family company operating child care centres since 2003 and has been a small business owner for more than 30 years, which has inspired his passion for supporting local businesses and families.
Once again joining Council as an elected representative, Cr Awada brings a strong focus on advocating for the delivery of quality services to our community. He is also committed to protecting and enhancing the Sutherland Shire's unique local environment and for supporting local organisations which contribute to resident’s high quality of life and ability to lead an active lifestyle.
Cr Awada is eager to promote better support for affordable, accessible and diverse housing, and to ensure Council remains fiscally responsible, whilst delivering quality services and infrastructure.
Currently a member of the following Standing Committees:
- Shire Strategic Planning Committee (Chairperson)
- Shire Infrastructure Committee
- Shire Services Committee
- Corporate Governance Committee
Currently a member of the following Sub-Committees:
- Business & Industry Committee
- Floodplain Risk Management Committee (Chairperson)
- Rural Fire Service Consultative Committee (Chairperson)
Currently a member of the following External Committees:
- Southern Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils
- Sutherland Shire Bushfire Management Committee
- Sydney South Planning Panel (Alternate Member)