The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads the organisation and is responsible for carrying out Council decisions and policy, as well as overseeing day-to-day operations. All staff have a duty to carry out our decisions in a fair and impartial manner, and are responsible to the CEO.
Manjeet Grewal has been CEO of Sutherland Shire Council since April, 2019. She has extensive experience in senior management in the local government sector.
Prior to her appointment as CEO, Manjeet was a member of the Executive Team of Sutherland Shire Council in the capacity of Director Shire Services. She has managed various groups including Engineering Operations, Civil and Parks, Leisure Centres, Regulation and Enforcement, and Building Works.
Manjeet is a qualified engineer and her qualifications include a Bachelor of Commerce, a Masters of Operations Management, and a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering (Honours). She is also a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
As CEO, Manjeet’s responsibilities include:
- assisting Council to develop strategic directions to guide the Community Strategic Plan and Delivery Program
- informing and advising Councillors on decision-making and fulfilling their civic duties
- maintaining and building relationships with community, governments and key stakeholders
- leading, motivating and managing our employees to create a customer-focussed organisation with a culture of high performance
- ensuring our organisation structure is appropriate for effective decision-making, efficient delivery of services and performance improvement
- ensuring we meet all legislative, statutory reporting and accounting requirements, and that our policies are adhered to
- ensuring enterprise risk and the health and safety of employees is effectively managed
- implementing the Delivery Program and reporting on its progress to Council via regular updates and reviews.