Following completion of works, you can apply for an Occupation Certificate through the NSW Planning Portal, nominating your certifier.

You cannot legally occupy a building - or change the use of an existing building - until an Occupation Certificate is issued.

Occupation of a part of a building can be given by a ‘Part Occupation Certificate’, but there are limitations.

ePlanning Service

For enquiries regarding the lodgement of an application, call 02 9710 0040 or email Council’s ePlanning Team.

Email - ePlanning

Refund of Bond

If you paid a bond or bank guarantee to cover damage to any Council assets or the environment as a result of the development work, you can request a refund after you receive your Occupation Certificate.

Assistance using the Planning Portal

If you require assistance using the Planning Portal, and you were unable to find the answer within the Help and Support section, contact ServiceNSW for assistance.

P 1300 305 695