What is the role of a Principal Certifier?

The Principal Certifier (PC) works with you throughout the construction process. The PC oversees the development and undertakes mandatory ‘critical-stage’ inspections.

You cannot commence building work until you have appointed a PC.

You can choose to engage a private certifier or a Council certifier.

Once the building work has concluded, the PC will conduct a final inspection and issue an Occupation Certificate if all requirements have been satisfied.

Fair Trading NSW provides more information about finding and appointing a PC.

Subdivision works

Subdivision works also require the appointment of a PC.

You can appoint a certifier through the NSW Planning Portal.

Council and Planning Portal fees are payable.

ePlanning Service

For enquiries regarding the lodgement of an application, call 02 9710 0040 or email Council’s ePlanning Team.

Email - ePlanning