An important message for our customers
As you may be aware, we are experiencing a continuing unprecedented number of DA lodgements. This, coupled with the departure of a number of our planning professionals, has resulted in longer timeframes DA assessments and determination.
Our focus is on providing a quality customer experience and please be assured that we are addressing this issue. We are working to minimise the impact to our customers by appointing new staff to our Planning Teams and by streamlining processes.
Here are a few tips to help us process your DA more quickly
- Try to ensure your application complies with the relevant statutory planning requirements. Do your homework before lodging the application.
- If we request further information or design changes, or if there are other issues with your DA, you will be able to meet with us for a discussion.
- Following this, you will have one opportunity to submit revised plans or the outstanding information. Multiple plan amendments or revisions will no longer be accepted.
- You can check updates at certain points in the process through our online DA Tracker. Where possible, our staff will also advise you of the progress of your application.
- We will only communicate with the nominated applicant for the DA.
This component is hidden - for re-use each year from end November onwards. To unhide - click the Component settings 'cog' > Advanced settings > Custom class > remove the word 'hidden' and save. Delete this message and check the dates before publishing.
Neighbour notification for development applications over Christmas period
The neighbour notification period between Christmas and New Year is now legislated. The legislation reads "The period between 20 December and 10 January (inclusive) is excluded from the calculation of a period of public exhibition."
Council’s neighbour notification period is currently 16 days. Applications notified on or after 5 December 2022 until 10 January 2023 (inclusive) will be subject to this extended notification period.
Note: Before an application can be notified it is checked for completeness and must be invoiced and payment received. The time frame for this is variable.