We're upgrading facilities in the Kirrawee shopping precinct to revitalise and beautify the area. The work extends from South Village to President Ave, Kirrawee.
134-168 Oak Road, Kirrawee NSW 2232
Project start: April 2021.
Expected completion: June 2023.
The project arose from a Voluntary Planning Agreement for the South Village Development and included:
Provision of a monetary Development Contribution in the amount of $500,000 for the beautification of the Kirrawee Shopping Precinct [as determined by the Council].
Following two rounds of community consultation, results were analysed and a scope of works determined.
Consultation with the Kirrawee business community
In November 2019, the Kirrawee business community was invited to attend one of two workshops to gather ideas for improving Kirrawee town centre. Attendees voted on ideas in categories of place identity, signage, technology, parking and traffic and were able to propose new ideas. Eleven business owners attended the two sessions. The top five ideas were:
- More parking.
- Variable time limit parking between 1P - 3P.
- Return and Earn recycling station.
- Decorative lighting.
- Flora Street angle parking.
Consultation with Kirrawee residents
In February 2020, Kirrawee residents were invited to complete an online survey or attend a drop-in information session. Feedback was gathered on how to improve centre facilities.
- New seasonal banners (completed)
- New street art mural (completed)
- Street lighting upgrade
- New lighting to pedestrian crossing (impacted by Sutherland to Cronulla Active Transport Link (SCATL), pending approval)
- Landscape work including seating, planting areas, bike racks (partially impacted by SCATL, pending approval)
- More short-term parking (completed)
- Oak Road bridge footpath widening (Transport for NSW leading as part of SCATL)
- Signage (partially completed)
Impacts during construction
Footpaths will remain open during construction however sections may be fenced for a limited time as we complete each component. Pedestrian detours will be in place at these times. There may be some inconvenience to parking and vehicle access while materials are delivered to site. There will be additional noise during construction.
We understand that this work may have an impact on the public and apologise for any inconvenience. We appreciate your patience while we carry out these essential works.
This project is fully funded from developer contributions.