Construction of a cul-de-sac and shared footpath for this important community reserve and meeting place.
2 Cremorna Road, Como adjacent to Como Pleasure Grounds and Thai Rim Nan Restaurant
Project start: July 2021
Expected completion: November 2022
Sutherland Shire Council is working on improving pedestrian safety near the entrance to Como Pleasure Grounds by creating a clear distinction between the road and pedestrian/cyclist areas.
The project includes re-alignment of the roadway and parking areas resulting in additional parking, and installation of a vehicle turning circle. In addition, there will be the introduction of a pedestrian drop off zone and dedicated shared pathway connections. This will improve the amenity and accessibility for all visitors to the Como Pleasure Grounds precinct.
The work includes:
- Removing the existing kerb, footpath and fencing.
- New road alignment, with a turning circle and drop off zone.
- New parking alignments with concrete islands for traffic calming.
- New concrete kerb, pram ramps, laybacks and a shared pathway.
- New sandstone entry wall and landscaping.
- Asphalt resurfacing, line marking and signage.
This project has been delayed due to the Public Health Order restrictions and the adjusted delivery milestones are:
- Construction works commence - Sept 2021
- Expected completion - November 2022 (due to weather and COVID restrictions)
Impacts during construction
Access to Como Pleasure Grounds carpark and neighbouring business premises will remain open and work will be staged to minimise impacts on visitors.
During the work there may be minor disruption to traffic, reduced parking and some construction noise. Traffic control will be in place to manage public safety.
We apologise for any inconvenience during construction and thank you for your patience while this work is being undertaken.
Work will take place Monday to Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
This project is fully funded by Sutherland Shire Council.