Buying and Selling a Property

Outstanding notices certificate

Outstanding notices certificates (section 735A and 121ZP certificates) can be requested from council.  The certificate provides information about any outstanding notices or orders applying to a property. 

This certificate is most often needed before property settlement.

Apply for a section 735A / 121ZP Certificate

Fee information

Rates certificate

A section 603 rating certificate specifies any outstanding rates, charges and debts payable to council in respect of a parcel of land.

This certificate is most often needed before a property settlement.

Apply for a rates certificate section 603

Fee information

Section 88G certificates

These certificates determine whether there are any outstanding monies payable to council as a result of a positive covenant that effects the title of the property.

Apply for a section 88G certificate

Apply for a section 88G certificate (urgent)

Properties with pools

Where a property has a pool the contract for sale requires to include a pool certificate of compliance or certificate of non-compliance.  

See requirements when you have a pool and what the current pool barrier requirements are.  

Previous work undertaken on a property

Buyers can:

  • Use council's DA Tracking for details about development applications dating back to 2006.  This information does not cover any complying development or exempt development work undertaken on a property; or
  • Lodge a GIPA application for information request relating to the property that may be held on a council file.  Rules and fees apply.  

Zoning information

Use council's Shire Maps to check zoning information on a property or apply for a zoning certificate to certify the zone of a property.

Development Enquirer

Use our Development Enquirer to find out about what Local Environment Plans and Development Control Plan rules apply to a particular property.

Search Development Enquirer

Contaminated land information

Information about contaminated land is obtained via a s149(2) planning certificate.

Building certificates

Do you need a building certificate?


Address: ,

More information



Section 735A / 121ZP Certificate Rates Certificate Section 603 Section 88G Certificate Section 88G Certificate Urgent


DA Tracker

Did this page help you?

We monitor feedback and will respond to your comments if you include your email address.

Please type the characters you see in the picture below

Please type the code in the box above

Have more to say? Complete our Community survey on the transformation of our website. We are focused on creating a website that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use, and efficient customer experience for our community and we need your feedback to ensure we have captured everything you’d like to see and do on our refreshed website. With the click of a button, you can help us build a better website for our community, provide your feedback now - 2021