The Shire hosts 2 household chemical collections per year at Bellingara Netball Centre Car Park, 99-105 Bellingara Road, Miranda to help residents clean out their household chemicals the right way.
Saturday 6, Sunday 7 and Monday 8 February 2021
This drop off service is open to all residents in NSW.
If our scheduled collection dates do not suit, please visit the EPA website for other chemical collection dates across Sydney.
What materials are accepted:
- Paint and paint related products
- Pesticides / herbicides and other garden chemicals
- Motor oils, fuels and fluids
- Batteries, household and car
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Pool chemicals
- Acids and alkalis
- Hobby chemicals
- Smoke alarms
- Solvents and household cleaners
- Ammonia based cleaners
- Fluorescent globes and tubes
- Oil filled heater
Only household quantities accepted (20L or 20kg), except paint. Up to 100L (in 20L containers) of paint accepted.
Please transport your materials carefully and remain in your vehicle at the collection site.
Transporting your materials safely
Transporting your materials safely to a CleanOut collection is important. Here are some top tips for safe storage and transportation:
- Ensure containers are clearly labelled and well-sealed. If you do not know the contents, label the container ‘UNKNOWN CHEMICAL’.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Liquid can leak during transportation. Wrap old or damaged containers in newspaper, place in a sturdy plastic bag and then in a plastic container or tray.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers e.g. in the boot.
This a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.
For other locations, please visit EPA Household Chemical CleanOut or call the Environment Line on 131 555.
Address: 99-105 Bellingara Road, Miranda
Policies and documents
Local Waste Management Policy
Domestic Waste Service Collection Policy
Enquiries can be directed to Waste Services on or firstname.lastname@example.org