Council provides and maintains over 160 sporting fields including cricket nets, netball courts, tennis courts and golf courses.
Seasonal Sporting Facilities Bookings
For regular seasonal hirers (sporting associations), you can book using the link below:
EOI 2020 Winter Preseason Field Request Form
EOI 2020 Winter Allocation Request Form
EOI Term 4 and 1 School Sport Allocation Request Form
Book a school athletics or zone carnival
School Cross Country Booking Form
Kareela Synthetic Fields casual booking enquiries
If you are a new customer, contact us for assistance.
Club competition dates
Second Saturday in September to second Sunday in March.
Second Saturday in March to last Sunday in August.
Club pre-season usage of fields
Pre-season ground allocations for trials, grading and training are based on what's available around the currents season's bookings. Sporting associations will be given their allocation which they can pass onto their clubs.
Any current users will always have priority over any incoming sport and associations must ensure that all clubs are aware of this rule and abide by it.
Repairs, maintenance and improvements
Application for Infrastructure on Council Land
There is a 2 week break between seasons to allow council to repair, renovate and prepare fields for the upcoming season.
Council also has a year round maintenance program.
Covering/uncovering cricket wickets
- Council undertakes covering and uncovering of cricket wickets in the 2 week change of season period.
- Clubs who own synthetic cover are responsible to cover and uncover the pitch respectively, prior to the commencement of each season.
Grounds are mowed weekly in summer and fortnightly in winter (weather permitting).
Notify council if your club is hosting a grand final, representative fixtures or special events and we will endeavour to ensure the ground is ready.
Clubs wishing to turf their ovals outside of any of our planned renovation work should contact us.
Floodlights and electricity usage
- Lights are set 4 times per year at no charge, once for each season and once for each daylight saving time change.
- Any changes to the floodlight timers made by clubs during the season will incur a fee.
- On/off switches are located on all grounds. Turning floodlights off at the end of a night will assist clubs in minimising their electricity costs.
- Electricity costs are paid for by the user including the club building, security lights and floodlights.
The material to be used for line marking is a water based non-toxic line marking paint.
Please contact Sport Services if you require further information.
We will assist associations with permit requirements to hold presentation days for their clubs.
Policies and documents
Policies and Documents
Night Competition Games on Active Open Space Policy
Open Space Land Acquisition Policy
Plans of Management - Sportsgrounds
Kareela Synthetic Fields Casual Bookings
School Athletics and Zone Carnival Bookings
Enquiries can be directed to Sport and Recreation on 9710 0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org