Greenhills is the stretch of beach to the north of Wanda. Dogs off-leash are allowed at set times only.
This is a less populated stretch of beach, with no facilities for beach users. There is no patrolled swimming area at Greenhills and as such swimming is not recommended.
Rules about dogs in public places
Dogs allowed off-leash Monday to Sunday at the following times:
- Daylight savings time from 4pm to 10am
- Non-daylight savings (standard time) from 3pm to 10am
Dogs are prohibited on the beach outside of the above specified hours.
View other dog friendly areas
Wanda Reserve - Dogs On Leash
Dogs must be on leash on Wanda Reserve (the grassy areas near the car park) at all times.
Dogs are prohibited in the following locations:
- Behind the beach from the edge of the dunes and extending westward to the service trail that runs along the ridge at the back of the dunes.
- North of gate 1 adjacent to the 4-wheel drive park to protect the environmentally sensitive Merries Reef area.
- On the heritage-listed sand dune to the east of the partly sealed service trail.
- On Wanda Beach (south of Wanda Track 5) 24 hours a day.
All persons are present at their own risk during allocated 'off leash' times. Times are also signposted at the beach.
Enquiries can be directed to the Sutherland Shire Council on 9710 0333 or firstname.lastname@example.org