Reason for works
We are excited to announce that construction will soon be completed on the Sporting Ground Floodlighting renewals at:
- Seymour Shaw Park, Miranda - in progress
- Solander Fields, Caringbah - in progress
- Bundeena Oval No.2, Bundeena - Complete
- Loftus Netball Court, Loftus - Complete
- Tom Evans Baseball Field, Bonnet Bay - Complete
Thank you to members of our community who provided feedback in the past and want to assure you your input helped us to finalise plans to reduce light spill outside of the fields.
Scope of works
The lighting designs take into account light intensity and distribution, light levels required by the various sporting codes, and control of spill light, particularly near residential areas. The halogen fittings are being replaced with LED light fittings (controlled via smart technology) that are stronger and more economical to run. They have a longer life expectancy and are better able to be controlled remotely.
The renewal works will ensure lights are only on when the field is in use and include:
- Removal of existing luminaires, poles and where necessary, pole footings.
- Upgrade and/or replace Main Switch Boards as required.
- New power and control cables.
- New poles and luminaires.
The new light poles are generally in the same location as the existing poles.
The delivery milestones are:
- Construction start - May 2020
- Expected completion - Sept 2020
Public impacts during construction
The works will be undertaken Monday to Friday between 7am and 6pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm (possible).
Part of the parking will be closed during this construction phase and there will be minimal construction noise during installation.
These projects are funded under the Special Rate Variation which is available for renewal of existing assets.