Redevelopment western end of Peryman Square at the entry from Elouera Road.
Reason for works
The work follows road widening in Elouera Road carried out by Transport for NSW to improve traffic flow at the intersection of Kingsway.
The work is designed to complement recent upgrade work in Ocean Grove and planned works in Cronulla Plaza and the remainder of Peryman Square.
The objectives of the work are:
- Reinstate pathway disturbed by the road widening project.
- Replace aging infrastructure with new complying infrastructure which is high quality and long lasting.
- Provide an attractive urban streetscape which complements the nearby park, beach and restaurant precincts.
- Provide barriers which meet new vehicle mitigation barrier guidelines and blend seamlessly with the streetscape.
Scope of works
The works include:
- Adjustment of underground electrical infrastructure.
- New concrete driveways and footpaths.
- New footpath paving.
- New electrical infrastructure for future lighting and events.
- New vehicle mitigation barriers.
- New garden beds.
The delivery milestones are:
- Demolition of existing pavement and kerbs, construction of new - March to May 2020
- Install electrical conduits & new distribution board - March to May 2020
- Lay new paved square surface - May to late August 2020
- Relocate electrical infrastructure - August 2020
- Supply new vehicle barriers - October 2020
- Garden beds - October 2020
Public impacts during construction
All pedestrian and vehicular access through the square will be maintained through the period of work. The work will be carried out in stages to allow for these movements.
Some construction noise, vibration and dust may result from the works. The noise will be managed by limiting work to daylight hours Monday to Saturday. Vibration will not have any adverse effects on nearby structures.
On the evening of Sunday 16th of August from 8pm until 8am the following morning, there will be a scheduled power outage to connect the new electrical infrastructure. This will only affect 2-6 MacDonald Street (the building containing Sea Level) and also Dunningham Park which will be dark for the night. A generator will be supplied for affected restaurants for the evening and Council will endeavour to keep this noise to a minimum.
This project is jointly funded byTransport for NSW and Sutherland Shire Council.