Replacement of the playground and relocation within the parkland Reserve.
Reason for works
The existing Dianella Reserve playground was originally installed in 1996 and no longer meets the needs of a changing community which surrounds this location.
The new playground will provide more play opportunity and full compliance with modern standards. It will also be fully accessible and will be relocated to improve it's relationship to nearby facilities such as, proximity to the school, the Early Learning Centre and the off street car parking area.
The new playground will provide a valued facility, in an area of high density living, whilst still maintaining proximity to natural shade within the park.
Scope of works
The works will include:
- A new playground facility.
- Tree evaluation and assessment Report for Dianella Street Reserve.
- Tree pruning and removal as recommended.
- New feature trees & offset planting to be undertaken.
- Provision of a perimeter fence along Dianella St Reserve frontage.
- A new dinky track and accessible path connections.
- Synthetic turf softfall.
- Placement of associated furniture (seats, water & bottle filler station).
- Mulched tree surrounds.
- Removal of existing playground.
The expected delivery milestones are:
- Community consultation - Dec 2019 - Complete
- Finalisation of design, following community input - Dec 2019 - Complete
- Quotations - February 2020 - Complete
- Site establishment - April 2020 - Completed
- Construction commences - April 2020 - In Progress
- Project completion - June 2020
Public impacts during construction
Public impacts during construction:
- The existing playground will remain open during construction at the new location.
- Access to the Early Learning Centre, School and oval will be maintained.
- There may be some inconvenience to parking and vehicular access whilst materials are delivered to site.
- These works may create additional noise and dust during construction as we undertake the upgrade.
- Unauthorised vehicle parking within the Reserve will not be permitted.
We understand that this work may have an impact on the public and apologise for any inconvenience. We appreciate your cooperation and patience whilst we carry out these works.
This project is fully funded from Section 94 contributions.
Proposed future precinct works
The playground replacement forms the first stage of the overall plan to upgrade the precinct around Dianella Reserve. Subsequent stages include:
Stage 2 Sports field: Regrade and re-turf oval to improve playing surface, and install new irrigation system – July to December 2020.
Stage 3 Car park: Create six additional spaces, resurface car park and improve pedestrian access – July to December 2020.