Council Meetings, except for closed sessions, are open to members of the public to attend. Eligible members of the community are able to address Council on items of business to be considered at that meeting.
If you wish to speak at a Council Meeting, applicants must meet one of the following Eligibility Criteria and agree to abide by the conditions of the Sutherland Shire Council Code of Meeting Practice and Public Forum Policy.
- resident or owner of land within the Sutherland Shire Council area
- a person entitled to vote in the Sutherland Shire Council area under the Local Government Act
- the nominee of an entity owning land, conducting a business or providing a service in the Sutherland Shire Council area
To register to address Council, please submit the below Public Forum Application Form, no later than 5pm on the business day prior to the meeting.
Some things you need to know about speaking at a Council Meeting:
- You may only register to speak on items that are listed on the meeting agenda (the agenda is published on Council's Website prior to the Council Meeting).
- Your address must be no longer than three minutes.
- Speakers at Public Forums cannot ask questions of the Council, Councillors or Council staff.
- All Council Meetings are to be webcast on the Council’s website and by attending a meeting, speakers and other persons consent to an audio recording of their address being included in the webcast of the meeting.
- Your name will be included in the minutes of the meeting.
You will be contacted no later than 12pm on the day of the Council Meeting to confirm if your application has been successful.
Public Forum Application Form
Required fields are denoted by *
Business Paper Item to be addressed
Sutherland Shire Council is required to comply with the information protection principles in the Privacy and Personal Information Act 1998 (PPIP Act). These principles regulate the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information held by government agencies. Generally, any personal information you provide to Council will only be used and/or disclosed for the Council's purposes, or a directly related purpose, unless you consent to another use or disclosure, in emergencies or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Read council's Privacy Management Plan