All Sutherland Shire Libraries are open for loans and returns, self-service computer use and photocopying services.
Current Opening Hours
Conditions of Entry
For everyone’s health and safety, and to comply with the NSW Government Public Health Order and Sutherland Shire Council's Conditions of Entry, visitors:
- will be limited in numbers in each library at any one time.
- must follow social distancing requirements, keeping 1.5 metres away from others.
- will be offered hand sanitiser before and after visiting.
- must provide their name and contact details.
Libraries will be following the guidelines and advice of health agencies, with the following measures in place:
- a library staff member will work as a concierge at the door to manage visitor numbers.
- some services and activities will remain unavailable including Justice of the Peace services and help with computers, photocopying or scanning.
- only cashless payments will be accepted.
Please be patient. New systems for social distancing, hygiene and public records are a State Government requirement for our opening. These systems demand more staffing to record contact details, ensure compliance with social-distancing and hygiene practices, and maintain frequent cleaning of high touch points. These requirements are in place to help keep our library branches safe for the community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are returns chutes open?
Except for Sylvania and Bundeena Libraries (which don't have external chutes), return chutes at all other libraries are open 24/7. Note: Cronulla Library's chute is only accessible during Cronulla Central opening hours.
Now that we have reopened most of our libraries with COVID-Safe measures, we will no longer automatically renew your loans. It will be your responsibility to return or renew your loans on time to avoid overdue fines.
- Is it safe to handle books and library items? What precautions are in place?
Sutherland Shire Libraries is following best practice advice from the NSW Department of Health and the NSW Public Library Network in developing protocols around the handling of collection items moving through the library network and the community. Library visitors are encouraged to practice good hand hygiene before and after handling books and other items.
- Can I use a computer, photocopier or scanner?
Self-service copying and computer use (one hour limit) are now available. Precautions are in place to ensure our public computers and photocopiers are sanitised and spaced to ensure social distancing protocols are followed. To maintain social distance staff will NOT be able to offer technology assistance with computers and/or photocopiers. Public wi-fi is available at all open libraries.
We appreciate the community’s patience and support at this time. We are striving to keep our members informed as our circumstances change. Keep checking back here for the latest updates on our services. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram to keep in touch.
Phone 9710 0351 (between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday)